DrawHistory is looking for a Senior Designer with 4-6 years of UI/UX experience to join our team for 3 days a week.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
- Work with social good organisations for meaningful impact.
- Work on a diverse range of projects, each requiring their own unique approach.
- Be part of a tight-knit team that’s nimble and responsive with a high degree of self-direction and responsibility.
About the Role
Over the past few years, DrawHistory has evolved from creating small, one-off microsites, to taking on complex organisation websites and exploring how we can amplify brands through interactive digital storytelling. More and more, our clients come to us looking for strategy and innovation to work in parallel with execution.
In this role, you will be key to creating and overseeing work that keeps DrawHistory ahead of the curve. You'll help us define the way we approach our work and challenge us to improve our practices. You thoughtfully consider clients’ goals and end users’ needs through a user-centered approach to design.
We are looking for leaders who are willing to put themselves out there, take risks, and create something new, fresh, and good for the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with strategists and designers to execute on key user experience activities and deliverables, including content strategy, persona development, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes etc
- Execute user interface activities and deliverables from architecture to visual design and quality assurance
- Co-facilitate collaborative workshop sessions with clients
- Translate complex societal challenges (such as people experiencing homelessness, indigenous justice reform, environmental education) into digital stories that resonate with the community
- Experience with client comms and an ability to understand or interpret what clients are hoping to achieve, and pro-actively suggest design solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a passion and track record for doing good in the world - something that’s core to why you do what you do!
- A strong conceptual thinker who brings great ideas to the table. We want someone who can originate an idea and bring it to life, who can flex across digital, branding, storytelling and more.
- A communicator who is comfortable selling ideas to clients, having tough conversations, asking difficult questions, and challenging assumptions.
- An expert at industry-standard tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision.
- You are able to jump into a project at any stage, from brainstorming to developing campaigns to executing design all the way through launch.
- You have been in the creative industry for minimum of 4 years, and have worked on a variety of industries and projects, preferably had experience in the community sector.
- You are looking for a place that will challenge your curiosity. You want to be constantly learning from others and doing work that will have real impact in the world.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
DrawHistory offers the opportunity to work in a friendly, passionate and relaxed environment. We have our studio space in Subiaco (Perth WA) with a full kitchen, group birthday lunches, quarterly team building activities, complimentary access to over 50+ online courses on social change, discounted industry events and Tea Talks, intimate conversations around topical social issues with thought leaders in the industry hosted at our studio every month. The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $70,000 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience.
To apply, send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Strategy Chief, Angel Chen.
Applications close Friday, 17 May 2018.
DrawHistory is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of colour, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.