DrawHistory is looking for a Design Consultant with 2-4 years of industry experience to join our team for 2-3 days a week, with the possibility that it becomes a full-time role in early 2020.
🌰 The Role in a Nutshell
- Work with social good organisations for meaningful impact.
- Work on a diverse range of brand and digital projects, each requiring their own unique approach.
- Be part of a tight-knit team that’s nimble and responsive with a high degree of self-direction and responsibility.
💡 Who We Are
DrawHistory is a strategy and design studio for mission-driven organisations. We exist to empower people to do and become more, so that together, we can improve our world. With us, over 100+ nonprofits, social enterprises and responsible businesses such as UNICEF Australia, St John of God Foundation and Centre for Social Impact have catalysed things that matter. Things that can better humankind tomorrow.
🖌 About the Role
As a Design Consultant, your role is to bring fresh ideas to a variety of creative challenges to do with empowering social good organisations (nonprofits, social enterprises, and community initiatives). You’ll be part of a local team of changemakers and have the opportunity to work on a range of communication strategies and interact with some of the most impactful organisations in the city. The role:
- Collaborate with strategists and designers to execute on key brand, digital and print projects.
- Co-facilitate human-centred workshops with clients around brand strategy, messaging, content strategy, user experience, user personas, wireframes and others.
- Translate complex societal challenges (such as people experiencing homelessness, Indigenous justice reform, environmental education) into brand, digital and print stories that resonate with the community.
- Communicate with clients and understand or interpret what they are hoping to achieve, proactively suggesting design solutions.
👋 Who You Are
- You are excited by the idea of working in a nimble, startup environment. (We aren’t a traditional design agency!)
- You are fuelled by optimism and a relentless belief that we can improve our communities together.
- You have a passion and track record for doing good in the world – something that’s core to why you do what you do!
- A strong conceptual thinker who brings great ideas to the table. We want someone who can originate an idea and bring it to life, who can flex across digital, brand, storytelling and more.
- An expert in industry-standard tools, including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite and InVision.
- You have been in the creative industry for a minimum of 2 years, and have worked on a variety of industries and projects, preferably with experience in the community sector.
- You are looking for a place that will challenge your curiosity. You want to be constantly learning from others and doing work that will have real impact in the world.
🍿 Compensation & Perks
The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $64,000 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience.
DrawHistory offers the opportunity to work in a friendly, passionate and relaxed environment. We have our office in downtown Perth with an in-house barista, kombucha on tap, full kitchen, group birthday lunches, quarterly team-building activities, mid-week yoga classes, complimentary access to online courses on social change, discounted industry events and Magic Hour, intimate conversations around topical social issues with thought leaders in the industry hosted at our studio every quarter.
To apply, send your CV, portfolio and a short statement (max 150 words) answering the question “What is it about storytelling, design or brand that inspires you to shape the world for the better? Why?” to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Strategy Chief, Angel Chen.
(No cover letter is needed unless you really want to send one!)
Applications close Sunday 24 November 2019.
🏳️🌈 DrawHistory is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.