Head of Communications and PR (part-time)
DrawHistory is looking for our Head of Communications and PR with 8+ years of professional experience in any communications field to join our team for 2-3 days a week.
DrawHistory is a strategy and design consultancy for purpose-driven organisations. We empower people to do and become more so that together we can improve our world. With us, more than a hundred civil society organisations, social enterprises, and responsible businesses such as UNICEF, St John of God Foundation, and Centre for Social Impact have catalyzed initiatives that matter to people and the planet.
🖌 About the role
As the Head of Communications & PR, you will be a trusted comms advisor who can communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; pitch to journalists, bloggers and commentators; lead the comms plan for project launches with our purpose-driven partners; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns; and simplify complex issues via well-written materials to drive impactful positive coverage. While you have no direct reports, you will work closely to support the leadership team.
In your day-to-day, you will:
- Create compelling communication strategies that promote our project launches, resources and stories in collaboration with the team (design, digital, strategy and PR).
- Develop written materials, including press releases, blog posts, story pitches, messaging guidelines and social content.
- Build a deep and strong distribution network for delivery of messaging (local and international media, specific key opinion former networks).
- Manage and support day-to-day press inquiries and tactical comms activities (newsletters, announcements, etc).
👋 About you
- You are excited by the idea of working in a nimble, startup environment.
- You are fuelled by optimism and a relentless belief that we can improve our world.
- You have a passion — and importantly track record — in tackling global issues.
- You have 8+ years of experience in a communications role.
- You have a proven ability to write strategic plans and execute across comms channels.
- You can build projects from conception to completion with little oversight.
- You are a strong conceptual thinker who brings great ideas to the table. We want someone who can originate an idea and bring it to life across digital, brand and storytelling.
🍿 Compensation & Perks
The total remuneration package for this role is $80,000 – $84,500 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience.
DrawHistory offers the opportunity to work in a friendly, passionate and collaborative environment. We have our office in downtown Perth with an in-house barista and multiple micro-kitchens, while offering annual learning stipends, donation matching, complimentary access to online courses on social change, and discounted global industry events.
To apply, send your CV, example materials (news releases, blog post, etc) and a short statement (max 150 words) answering the question “What is it about communications that inspires you to shape the world for the better? Why?” to email@example.com, addressed to Founder & Head of Creativity, Jeffrey Effendi.
(No cover letter is needed unless you really want to send one!)
Applications close Friday 8 January 2021.
🏳️🌈 DrawHistory is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.