Design / Marketing Intern (limited period)
DrawHistory is looking for two curious, passionate and results-driven Design / Marketing Interns to join our team for 2 days a week for 2 months.
🌰 The Role in a Nutshell
- Work with social good organisations for meaningful impact.
- Work on a diverse range of in-house projects, each requiring their own unique approach.
- Be part of a tight-knit team that’s nimble and responsive with a high degree of self-direction and responsibility.
🖌 About the Internship
As an intern, your role is to bring fresh ideas to a variety of creative challenges to do with empowering social good organisations (nonprofits, social enterprises, and community initiatives) via our in-house venture DrawHistory Academy. You’ll be part of a local team of changemakers and have the opportunity to work on a range of communication strategies and interact with some of the most impactful organisations in the city. The role:
- Think beyond the box and jot down content for social media with the guidance of our Producer/Project Manager.
- Help produce in-house videos, interviews, podcasts and interact with leading changemakers from places like Netflix, UNICEF and Impact Hub.
- Get hands-on with Canva (or Sketch, or Photoshop, whichever works for you!) to design supplementary materials.
- Support our Producer/Project Manager with writing and editing resources that directly help social entrepreneurs.
👋 Who You Are
- You are fuelled by optimism and a relentless belief that we can improve our communities together.
- You have a passion and track record for doing good in the world – something that’s core to why you do what you do!
- You have a knack for creative writing and are able to provide some examples of this.
- A strong conceptual thinker who brings great ideas to the table. We want someone who can originate an idea and bring it to life.
- You can quickly pick up skills and knowledge in new areas.
- You love working in teams, but also know how to research, connect the dots and understand needs independently.
- You are looking for a place that will challenge your curiosity. You want to be constantly learning from others and doing work that will have real impact in the world.
- You are available for 2 days a week for a minimum of 2 months.
🍿 Compensation & Perks
DrawHistory offers the opportunity to work in a friendly, passionate and relaxed environment. We have our studio space in Subiaco (Perth WA) with a full kitchen, group birthday lunches, quarterly team building activities, complimentary access to over 50+ online courses on social change, discounted industry events and Magic Hour, intimate conversations around topical social issues with thought leaders in the industry hosted at our studio every week.
Please note that this role is unpaid and is limited to in-house projects rather than direct client engagements. It is vocational in nature and is offered to help build your capacity. We have previously provided employment to select interns in the past (and they continue to work with us today!), but this isn’t promised.
To apply, send your CV, motivational letter and a sample of your writing to email@example.com, addressed to Strategy Chief, Angel Chen.
Applications close Sunday 21 April 2019.
🏳️🌈 DrawHistory is an equal opportunity employer. We specifically encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people of colour, LGBTIQA+ people, people with disabilities, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.